View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 01:26 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Poor little MaryBeth has been having nightmares I think. She will be three in June. Almost every night, she screams out and kicks the post of her bed as she suddenly awakes, and I am usually here or in bed, so I try to go calm her down as quickly as possible. Sometimes, it is not so severe as to need me, and so she returns to sleep on her own. If her mom goes...then MaryBeth will wanna be held and rocked, and that could go on for a good hour! With me, I just have to tuck her in and pet her head until she falls asleep again (3 mintutes). Some of the most severe cases brings her outta the bed and running to find us. Half the time she will come to our bed (in which she gets taken right back to her own...none of this sleeping with mommy & daddy stuff!) or she will open the door and just stand there. She is mostly still sleepy enough to not even know where she is, I think. I just pick her up and take her back to her room.
This is only once a night. I do not remember it happening twice in a night before.

Any ideas? What can I do to help her sleep more?

FYI>>>She does not require a night-light. She has never needed one, nor will we ever spoil her into having one. We also never let her suck her thumb or attach herself to the need of a pacifier. She never wanted one. So we never encouraged it. I truelly have a miraculous child. She does not fit the stereotypical toddler, nor ever has. She's my little girl.

[ 05-20-2003, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]