View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 01:02 PM   #3
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
By turning the sound down perhaps? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

If you find her too annoying, you can always choose another familiar I think when you next go up a level. At least I got the option to do so with my Necromancer, but I've stuck with my panther familiar for the entire game so far. (Up to the Frost Giant area now)

Whilst we're talking about annoyances though, maybe we should compile a petty list! Here are some of my gripes with HoTU.

- The clunky movement system in general!
- Camera angles that go haywire and block your view of the action.
- Getting the *Weapon Inneffective* phrase after casting Tenser's Transformation.
- Bad cutsey dialogue (Its a cop out from actually writing quality stuff!)
- The Mimic Puzzle (Grrrrrrrrr!)
- Halaster's Geas. You'd think that a strong independant thinking character would make removing this his number one priority, instead of assisting a renegade bunch of 'drow'. (!) Makes the game seem just that little more linear than it should be.
- The poor implementation of the Illithid. (Portrayed much better in Darksun and BG II)
- Overly Weak Beholders (Influenced by the steaming pile of poop that was the D&D movie I wonder with its inane beholder?
- The silly Planescape referrences in Chapter 3. They are not subtle, they don't belong and it makes the game's weaknesses stand out more. (why so perky, berky?)

That'll do off the top of my head. Post more anoooooooyances then!
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote