View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 04:16 PM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

1)Should i go with 10/10, or somthing different
-- Very dependant on HOW you intened to play your character. IF you are undecided, and donīt use human as you basic mnodel this is the way to go to for elf avoid xp penalties, and to take up both fighting and sneaking abilities.

2)What weapons should i use, i will always keep a bow, but what for melee
If you go 10/10 or fighter heavy, you will want a weapon that makes good damage, if you go more rouge and aim to get loads of sneak attakcs, shortsword, rapier (the items you can make that can daze opponants = sneak attak bonanza and cen be made to hit with dex instead of str.) Otherwise, a Katana is pretty good, bastardsword as well. IF you are going for dual wield a small weapon that gives you good attack with both hands (to hit often IS better then hit once with force) like shortsword, simple weapon, off hand will be light, one feat for both weapons in hand etc..

3)pretaining to 2, should i dual weild, if so, what in the off hand
See above.

4)What race should i be, i was thinking Half-elf, Human, or Elf
All have advantages, but I would scrap halfelf.
Humans, more skill points, one extra feat. Multiclass master!
Elf- +2 dex (dex is good if you go for a stealthy character) -2 con, bad taking a punch.. Less skillpoints, one feat less, lowlight vision. (Havenīt really found tht this makes a huge difference in the game so far, and there are plenty of items/potions/spells that makes up for this disadvantage.
Iīm playing an elf fighter rouge now, 10/10 style. And I have some regrets not making it a human instead...

5)what should my stats be

got for at least 13 in int, str and dex. This way most of the feats you want will be in reach, a good int is good for skillpoints, espacially elf/halfelf.
13 in strength gives you powerattck - cleave very good whan you sneak multiple victims.
If you dual wield, dex 15 at least so you get ambidexterity, two weapon fighting. Since you donīt go straight fighter, you want to get as good chance to hit as possibly with your sneak and utilize that.

Wisdom and Ironwill is essantial. Both Rogue and fighter have BAD will save. You donīt want to be held by the first mage you see and then coup de graced

Make sure you have good skills, use magic device is a great skill for the rouge (casting spells and using every item is great fun ) Setting trapo is cheesy and good for a guy with few hitpoints.

Study careful which way to go first, cause your choices will have impact later on in the game. For example if you maximise dex and wants to have a good dex, distant fighting rouge that can hide in zero seconds flat behind every corner- you donīt want to use armour since they now.. :S sets your dex to a maximum value instead of well.. just the core rules. High dexterity, continue on that path - and gain good ac, good distant attacks, choose weapon finesse and go with light weapons to hit often.

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote