View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #37
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Default Re: Diablo III - Lets all pick a server together to play on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
I'm not too worried about the mass hacking. At least I don't believe all the rumors. Some people say that just with your name they can bypass the login screen and directly get on your character. I don't believe that. It's more likely people are just brute-forcing your password, in my opinion.

Or maybe someone released a fake tool that's really a keylogger. I wouldn't be surprised if some noob downloaded a "diablo 3 trainer" and got hacked that way. That would explain why the hacked accounts reports are so vague. You wouldn't brag about it either.

I bought a security key anyway. I'm pretty sure that'll protect me.
Actually, a lot of the people that get hacked were naive enough to visit a site advertised by those goldsellers in WoW, if u go to one of those sites, u will get a keylogger and the next day your chars are stripped clean of all their belongings, and with a little bad luck ur account got banned by Blizz because the hackers rolled 40 or 50 lvl 1 chars to advertise their sites all over again, which leaves you explaining to Blizz that it wasnt you who did this and all that jazz which makes the process of getting back control of your own account take even longer than usual. Security keys arent bulletproof either, a friend of mine was using an authenticator and still got hacked. I's say that roughly 30% of all the people in my guild have been hacked once or twice in all the time they have been playing now, almost every week someone new falls victim to those scumbags.