Thread: Ohio Recount!?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 04:38 AM   #5
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaelas:
A couple of days ago I came upon an article dealing with possible election fraud accusations of Ohio's secretary of state. Since I'm not from the US but have an avid interest in what's going on around the world I've tried to keep track of this issue but have since failed to discover anything more on the subject. Now, I'd like to ask if any of you have some more insight into the matter.

Here's the link: http://newsclipautopsy.blogspot.com/...retary-of.html

And a short, but poignant, excerpt:

"Did you get that America ? The Secretary of State of Ohio, who has an obvious conflict of interest by being the State Chair for the reelection of George W. Bush, has now violated the law to stop a recount that could prove that Bush actually lost Ohio, and thus the entire presidential election. Where in the hell is the media? Where is the outrage? Why is this not the TOP story on every network? Why is this not the HEADLINE in every paper? Again, even if you think the fraud allegations will not amount to overturning the election, isn’t the potential of real voter fraud in this country worth reporting? When a man who is so obviously compromised and ethically bankrupt such as Blackwell actually VIOLATES THE LAW, isn’t that considered news? Is it not even more relevant when you consider the ONLY possible reason for Blackwell to illegally stop the recount is that he is afraid of the results?"

If anyone could shed some more light on what's going on over there, it would be much appreciated. Did that really NOT make it into the media?
You're right, Kaelas, that is a poignant excerpt. It also points out a very obvious flaw in their own reasoning - and that is it's own outcry about "Where's the media?"

Believe me, if there was any NUGGET of a story here, the media WOULD be covering it and it would be making headlines - at least in some of the more prominent publications of our land. The fact that this ISN'T making national headlines means that it is basically a storm in a teacup.

So it is an OBVIOUS "conflict of interest" for the Secretary of State of Ohio to be the head of the Bush reelection committee in Ohio? Hmmmm, would it have been such an obvious conflict of interest if Kerry had won? What if the Secretary of State was the Chairman for Kerry's election committee and Kerry had won? Would we still be hearing the same cries for our voting system to be "investigated and fixed"? I somehow doubt it. Perhaps the Libertarians and Independents would STILL want to have recounts to investigate any allegations of "voter fraud" if Kerry had won. Then again, if Kerry had won, there wouldn't have been the plethora of allegations of voter fraud. Instead, it would be trumpeted as a TRIUMPH of our system DESPITE the minor flaws inherent in the process.