View Single Post
Old 11-11-2001, 08:59 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm here, Uncle Vask. [img]smile.gif[/img] I really think that this thread, despite not being strictly SoA or ToB related, is better in the BG2 forum as there are more *active* players there and you will probably get more feedback, but I'm happy to leave it here if you wish. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Here are my comments:
  • Enemy parties that engage in a fighting withdrawal rather than fighting to the death, and appearing further on (fully healed, presumably).
  • If initial odds are hopeless enemies will run and set up ambushes, etc. to regain tactical advantage (especially devious enemies like drow).
  • For spellcasters and spell-casting enemies, much greater use of buff spells (haste, etc) before combat, rather than during combat (I realize this is difficult as PCs cast buff spells usually after their first reload. )
  • Concentrate fire on the most dangerous target (spellcasters?)
  • Moving out of the effect of duration-based AoE spells like Cloudkill, Incendiary Cloud, etc. (this may have been implemented in ToB, I can't remember.)
  • Greater spellcaster support for enemies that are disabled (eg if an enemy gets chaosed or charmed an enemy spellcaster should cast dispel magic, etc.

Let me sleep on it, and I'll post more later.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Memnoch ]