View Single Post
Old 11-24-2002, 02:06 PM   #42
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
I am absolutely amazed to the way things are run in here. Ziroc is doing a great job webmaster-wise, but there is one thing that is close to a justice murder.

Neb was banned simply because he disagreed with mods. The problem here is that you CANNOT disagree with mods without having to be feared that your account gets deleted, even if you do it politely and havenīt hurt anyoneīs feelings. We are all equal, people. Everyone has right to disagree with anyone, and show it with good manner, too.

Luvian and Ronn_Bman (sp?): "If you donīt like it, leave" Of course no one wants to leave Ironworks if they donīt have to. Thatīs human nature. If we see that something is wrong with the acts of moderators or rules, we try to correct them (politely), of course. And when Neb tried to do this, he was banned. You call that justice?

And the #1 point. I most politely ask: please remove the "foolish follower" or whatever reads next to Nebīs name, you are DEGRADING the person by doing so. You are showing that you donīt have any respect to a long time member, and yet wonder why he didnīt respect you. Lets not make fun of anyone, okay?

Same thing with the other member whose account you banned (Lord something?) Please remove that too. Although in his case, the banning was absolutely justified for what he did to a mod.

Respect is earned. If modīs do their job like they should, I keep on giving applauds. They are polices, true, and personally I wouldnīt even consider putting anyone down here in the forums. Like someone said, itīs really recommended that moderators would even sometimes SHOW practical examples of what you cannot do here.

I wonder if I get my account deleted for expressing my opinions. *sighs*

Thanks for reading.
There is one thing you do not understand. This is NOT a public place. This is Ziroc's house. If someone come to your house, try to boss you around, and tell you how to do things. You ask him to leave.

This is NOT a democracy. You have NO right, and Ziroc make the Justice. True, you can not disagree with the mods. You can't go in someone house, and tell him to move his things around, and to buy different things than what he does. You are a guest here. Displease the host, and you are not welcome anymore.

Did you read the rules here? They are all very fair, and for the best of the forum. We don't want people that can't respect those rules. We don't want spammers and trolls.

And as for the title and avatar of the banned users, no, they are not going away. As you said, respect is earned, not given. And banned users did not earn any respect.

Here is a warning for all of you who can't understand.

Do not question a moderator. Especially not now!

Understood? We do not want to hear any more arguments. Lots of members where banned for that recently. Do you want the same thing to happen to you? No? then stop. If you have a problem, Email Ziroc.

We are not asking you all to stop, we are ordering you to stop.