View Single Post
Old 10-29-2001, 09:29 AM   #4
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I still have the "chased and trapped" dreams. I think I've had them all of my life thus far. As a teenager, I was able to fly and that was somewhat helpful. Different participants would appear in my dreams. Sometimes it would be my brothers and sister because I am the oldest and feel responsible for them. Often, its just me by myself. As I got into D&D more and more, I became able to do things like cast spells etc but most just fizzled.

I agree that once and if you realize that its a dream, then you can alter that dream so that you may have superpowers etc. Some of the most vivid dreams I had were when I was younger. Many times when I get that sense of deja-vu, its because I've dreamed something similiar. No, I'm not stalking you!! Its just that if you find a solution to your dreams, then please please let me know. My girlfriend is tired of me taking all the blankets and running in my sleep. Nothing like waking up cramped and sweating to start your day.
Fascinating! Glad to know I'm not the only one with those dreams. They can be very disturbing. And, lol!, I know you aren't stalking me. If I can locate those books again, I'll get you the exact titles. They really did help me learn to recognize that I was dreaming and be able to 'take control' a bit. At least enough to alter the dream enough to get away.

And Mel, thanks for the appropriate terminology. I hate not knowing what something is called. I have now added 'lucid dreaming' to my vocabulary.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*