View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 06:51 AM   #44
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Funny, I don't feel very insignificant. Although I do feel kind of overlooked. I know I don't affect what the majority of people will buy this game for, but my sole purpose in having it will be online play. I don't play any SP games anymore. EQ, or WoW have no charm, for me. I don't want to pay to play games I already bought. "But you're not paying to play, you're paying for new content." I've heard that argument so many times, take a look over at the vault, or at the .hak that Z just released. There's so much content that I don't even want to think about having it all, for one thing, I don't have enough harddrive space, currently. Now I wonder if that much content has been released for any MMO, w/out an actual expansion you had to go buy? Nope, not quite, probably not even close. As someone who is involved in the building process, I can tell you the ultimate reward for hours upon of hours of building/testing is seeing that your server has 3 or 4 players in it all the time. Especially when it isn't the same 3 or 4 players all the time. *Although, that's a pretty good feeling too.* Was all this content created for, or released for SP? No, all for online play, at least for now. If you look at 12am, or 12pm, you're going to find people online playing, and while the one half of one percent number may hold for people on at that time, it's not such an insignificant number that Custom Content Creators just threw in the towel. How much CEP content is actually useable in the OC? Any of them? None, if you don't add it to the modules. This statistic, like any other, is worthless. How many of those sales are due to people who play in a PW telling their buddies about it, or people like me, that play online, just not in PW's? Hard to estimate, given the numbers that you use to show our insignificance.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote