View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 04:30 AM   #7
banzai
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Witchdoctor:
I assume your character is a rogue, but it is possible for other classes to take disable traps skill points, it is just you will have to pay twice the skill points. I did this with my wizard so I could solo and still disable traps. Between a few points in disable traps, the +20 modifier for examining the trap before attempting to disable it and the boosted intelligence modifier that any sensible wizard will have, I could disable most of the traps I encountered, especially if I added items like the amulet of the master, Tomi's ring of the rogue and some rogue gloves which all enhanced disable traps. The only limitation to disable traps is that only rogues can disable a trap with DC greater than 35.
Another nice way to disable traps for all classes with summoned companions is with your Pixie companion. Just choose Pixie as your type of companion and you have a really capable trap disarmer and lock picker at your side. In my experience this is especially useful for sorcerors and wizards because your companionīs abilities grow as you level-up.