View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 01:10 AM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

First off, Dogboy.... WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Rule 1: As Lord pointed out, do not use walkthroughs to get you through your first run of the game. You are guaranteed to rob yourself of about 80% of the fun that way. Thus us, we've been through this, we know. Instead, if I may toot my own horn here, take the link in my sig. Volothamp's Comeuppance is a very thorough guide that tells you all about the mechanics of the game (how things work, all about the various kits, spells, etc.) without giving you a single spoiler. (Well, it does contain some spoiler-ish material, but those are rare and only included to help keep you from doing something that could have really bad consequences later.)

Question: Have you played BG1? I ask because it's easier to learn (there isn't as much emphasis on hundreds of bewildering spells) and the start of the game is much friendlier. Many people get unduly intimidated by the start of BG2, because you're trapped in an underground prison and things generally aren't going well. Just bear this is mind, here: You're in a prison. Things are supposed to be unpleasant. Just keep telling yourself that it will get better after you escape, and you'll be out soon enough.