View Single Post
Old 11-03-2001, 09:00 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The following contains Watcher's Keep spoilers and ToB special abilities.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
YES! YES! YES! YES!

I did it! I did it with a solo Cavalier! MuhWahHAHAHAHA!!!!

*collapses and curls up into a ball*

So... so... hard... ...

It was so surreal... just my Cavalier and a Deva, versus Improved Demogorgan and all his demons... I lost count of how many times I had to reload... this was how I finally defeated him... ...

*sits upright*

I used cheese, bravado and maniacal disregard for self-preservation. I fought on Core difficulty and against the Improved Demogorgan patch.

My winning weapon setup was the Purifier +4, and the Sentinel Shield, I could not use Carsomyr, the AC loss was too terrible and Demogorgan seemed to be immuned to Crom Faeyr... ...

Equipment wise, I had to wear the Ring of Free Action, Symbols of Stunning were flying through the air like popcorn or something, I died the first time round because I got stunned, so I replaced my Ring of Earth Control with the Ring of Free Action instead.

I casted Armour of Faith, summoned a Deva, Draw Upon Holy Might and Hardiness in that order respectively. I got the Deva to cast Globe of Blades as well and casted Protection from Evil on each other.

Buffed up, we rushed forward and Demogorgan appeared, immediately casted Time Stop and summoned demons left and right. I purposely sent the Deva forward so that Demogorgan would concentrate all his efforts on her, when the Time Stop ran out, I quickly casted Whirlwind and hacked as fast as I could on the demons.

The Deva died from Demogorgan just as most of the demons fell as well and it was down to my Cavalier versus Demogorgan and a Balor.

This was the frustrating part... I swear Demogorgan has infinite Stoneskins or something... I get one, two whacks in, he casts another Stoneskin... it was not long before I ran out of Whirlwinds... ...

It was futile to fight him one on one without Whirlwinds so I ran up the stairs, luring both Demogorgan and the Balor( whom I had allowed to hit on me for free...). Demogorgan then paused to cast Implosion and I managed to get out of his sight.

The Balor naturally chased after me and I managed to kill him with little difficulty.

Now comes the cheesy part... I rested... why yes! You can rest when there are no visible enemies, and the only way I could win now was to rest and regain back my Whirlwinds... ...

8 hours later... ... You would think Demogorgan would kill me while I am sleeping... ...

Fully recharged, I casted the usual buffing up spells and summoned another Deva. I knew Demogorgan was at the head of the stairs, so I went up the stairs with the intention of using Demogorgan himself as a blocker in case he summons any more demons. My Deva had Globe of Blades on and once again, served as a distraction, I blatantly ignored the Globe of Blades and Whirlwinded next to the Deva, it was do or die now.

As expected, Demogorgan summoned a Marilith, but he blocked her from attacking us like a charm. Each round Demogorgan casted another spell, was another round for me to Whirlwind him, I got him to injured... then badly injured... then near death... and finally... ...

Ahhhh... sweet, sweet victory... I made sushi out the Marilith after Demogorgan fell.

YEAH! Now I can say I soloed Improved Demogorgan!

Thanks for reading! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Land of the Psycho-moe