View Single Post
Old 11-29-2001, 01:57 PM   #11
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by daeomer:
Hmmmmm.....

Just curious for clarity.... wasn't the formula that I suggested right? Well... except for the priest hp thing. I am just curious as to where I have gone wrong....

Example: you have a fighter/ cleric at level 5/5.
Your constitution is 17 so.... if you level up to fighter level 6 and 'role' a 10 for hp, the most hp you will get will be 6.
(10 + 3(con bonus))/2= 6.5 (rounded down)= 6

similarly if you level up to cleric level 6 and role an 8 for hp
(8 + 2 (con bonus for cleric)/2= 5
(corrected priest hp!)

By my count that would only give you at most 110 hp at 10th level.
I think I am just getting confused!!!

Yes, your earlier theory was correct. Except for the hit die for priests. When I said the 180 hit points, I was referring to :

quote:
Originally posted by SookmaCook:
Remeber that u only level up one class at a time- so u do not get the extra hit points for both classes at once. So if ur a fighter cleric, the max u can get in a single level up is 18 but this can only happen if both classes reach there level up at once AND they both role max hp (very unlikely).

Morgeruat was correct :

quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
as for when the constitution bonus is added, you get 1/2 each time the character gains a level, ie 17 con, fighter/cleric- when leveling from 1st to second the cleric class would lvl up first, you would get 1 hp (+3 divided by 2 rounded down) and 2 when you finally levelled up as a figher, getting the extra hp you missed out on when you levelled as a cleric.