Thread: W&W and Win2000
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 04:27 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

It is, Willow. Or rather, among others, it is related to video drivers as well. When I tried to fix the problem with moving objects (I cannot move objects. Therefore, I cannot do Anephas Shrine regularly. When I must move something to another place then I have to undergo a martyrium of dozens of crashes.) then I got the following experience:

1. Hardware: Motherboard nVidia K7N2 Delta-L, video nVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4200 TD 8x.
2. Video driver from the CD, which comes with the motherboard: The game runs somehow, I cannot move objects.
3. Video driver from the CD, which comes with the video card: Fake mouse cursor in the centre of the screen, I cannot move objects and I cannot use objects (keys, pick axe, and so on). BACK! Uninstall!
4. A super extra gold star new Detonator (I think it was version 45.something but am not sure now). The fake cursor has vanished but I cannot cast magic at all. The game crashes at every attempt to cast immediately. Items cannot be moved as well. BACK! Uninstall!
5. The motherboard's video driver again. The game runs but it runs worse than it did before. Any attempt to use an item is an adventure. Do I succeed? Will I end on the desktop? Or will the computer hang? The best thing to do is "save, use the item and then switch to the weapon by means of the keyboard immediately". The chance of success is high with this trick.