View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 07:45 PM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

I remember you, Soothsayer! Seems like yesterday. Welcome back!

Just started a new IWD/HoW/TotLM party, myself: Full party of 6, and 5 of them will be DC warriors (4 Fighters and a Ranger). The sixth one? I'll let you guess...

Wish I could second ZFR's recommendation for a Bard for your party; but I honestly have very close to ZERO experience with parties less than 6 strong. A Bard would likely need to be played differently for small parties.

I can corroborate ZFR's contention that the Bard was MASSIVELY upgraded by HoW. The very worst someone could honestly say is that this class no longer stinks. And some (like ZFR and myself) think a lot more highly of the class than that. And you don't need to be in the HoW areas to benefit from the HoW class upgrade.

I would not take a Bard into Heart of Fury mode, because her capabilities plateau long before CLVL 30; so there would be a lot of wasted XP. But for games without insane levels of XP, she is a good bet: In addition to her very valuable vocal talents, she is arguably a more powerful spellcaster than an MC Mage in the late game.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote