View Single Post
Old 02-06-2001, 09:53 PM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

The kensai is spoken of as the next best or best fighter in the game. I compared a level 8 berserker with a level 8 kensai, and they do the same damage, and have the same "to hit".

Is this just in the beginning because of the bonus you get from high strength? I mean, my level 8 kensai has +3 to hit and +6 to damage, which is the same as my level 8 berserker or ranger has because of the 18/00 in strength. The three classes also have the same THACO and the same number of attacks (depending on proficiency points). Where does it say that the kensai does more damage??? The kensai is supposed to get +1 to hit and +1 to damage every 3 levels, but my a level 8 kensai has no such bonus. Is this a bug, or is it because the strength bonuses takes over the kensai's bonuses? In that case when the kensai is at a higher level it will pass the strength bonuses and then you can see the difference. I have always just taken others word for it that the kensai is great in dealing out damage, but now I am beginning to wonder if it is such a big difference between a regular fighter and the kensai.

Another thing that has bothered me, is that the elf is supposed to get a bonus with a sword or a bow, but I don't see what this bonus is when I check my elf. Does anyone know?