View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: New 'old school' game like Eye of the Beholder - Legend of Grimrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post

BTW, you can use my Baldurs Gate port's and resize them and convert them to TGA!!
No you can't - unless you're willing to live with distorted images.

The large custom BG1, BG2 and IWD portraits are all 110x170. Resizing them to 128x128 will assymetrically stretch/shrink the images - it will make all the heads look fat, kind of like pumpkins. The smaller customs are 38 x 60 and upsizing them will cause a loss of resolution. So unless you're going for a Mr Creosote/Great Pumpkin look I wouldn't mess with them. The only way to use BG portraits is to go through and recrop them all and frankly that's a ton of work. Plus Z, some of your BG custom portraits are pretty low res to start with.

Elfbane, you can upsize Z's portraits if you want but imo they will look like crap. Stick with NWN2 customs or use some of the Grimrock custom portraits that are available. The Grimrock forums are full of links to them and there are some really nice insect custom portraits out there.

Note: NWN1 custom portraits are scaled in multiples of 16x32 pixels so they won't work straight up without editing. NWN2 portraits are 128x128 and CAN be used without edits.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 04-28-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote