View Single Post
Old 11-21-2001, 01:52 PM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:
Plus, some of his skills are useless. Detect Illusion? I've found it quite useless, and some people have reported a 200% DI not puuling people out of Invisibility, so assign points here at your own risk. Set Traps? You get these as abilities, so I'm not sure on the interaction between the Set Traps skill percentage and the actual Set Traps ability. Move Silently is questionable as well, I don't think the game checks for this, as an Invisible Wizard cannot be heard either, so MS may be useless. Pretty much the only skills you need to worry about are Hide in Shadows, Pick Locks, Find Traps, and Pick Pockets. And at even 15% per level, with a high dexterity and other bonuses (add in equipment and potions of Master Thievery) you don't really need to worry about your primary skills as you'll have enough points to distribute.

Remember, an Assassin is all about the most efficient method of killing, and they do well at it. If my analysis above is flawed or incorrect, feel free to correct me.

Actually detect illusion is brilliant. From 90 points on it's like true sight. Get's rid of heaps of illusions. 250 alerted me to this.

Also points in traps means less chance of the trap not setting properly. (failing)

I think you'll find move silently lessens the likelyhood of mages hearing you and casting true sight to dispel the illusion. It seemed to be so for me.

I've been playing a game with a Bounty Hunter, Assassin, Swashbuckler, Dwarven Fighter/Thief, Gnome Illusionist thief and Jester.

Was going a treat before I got distracted with a solo Sorcorer game.

ANyhow the 15% percent thing is a bit wierd. You get 15 POINTS per level. A Bounty Hunter gets 20 points and a Swashbuckler/True class gets 25 points. Not that big a disadvantage really, considering the aforementioned backstab.

I gave my Assassin Celestial Fury.

Oooohh yeah. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com