View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #75
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*plops down next to the endless M&M bowl*

What a day!

Got up at 5AM yesterday to try to get on an earlier flight home from Toronto... my scheduled flight was 6:30PM, and I knew there were seats on the 7AM flight. Success... but not a lot of [img]graemlins/sleeping.gif[/img]

Had lunch with my wife yesterday and decided to take a Toyota Prius for a test drive. I've been thinking about a new car for a while, and the Prius has been on the list.

Ended up buying one yesterday, and in the process of cleaning out my trade-in, found a library book that was lost months ago

BTW, you need a training lesson to drive a Prius. It's different.... true geek heaven. It's even got a built-in trunk-cam so you can see what's behind you when you back up. I could do without the back-up beeping, though.... I'll have to read the manual on that.

Got up this morning, and my daughter offered to make me a pop-tart for breakfast, just like she had eaten. She discovered she could warm them in the microwave... "for thirteen seconds!". I wasn't in the mood for pop-tarts, but I was in the mood to make her day... so I did.

Discovered that pop-tarts without something to drink are really, really dry... and we're out of milk. Put on the stove to heat some water for tea, and did a couple of other things.

Came back to a strange smell and sight -- the stench of burning plastic, and the sight of smoke billowing around the kitchen.

Seems I turned on the wrong burner... the one my son's vinyl lunchbag was on.

It's now history

The house still stinks

My son did *not* take losing his lunchbag well... we'll be picking one up tonight to replace it.

So... from highs to lows in just 24 hours...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote