View Single Post
Old 06-05-2001, 07:45 PM   #8
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Let me add something if I may. I have experience in this as I ran a solo character to 133 level assissin after being most everything else. I then took that same character through the Gael Serran again after resetting the adventure and took him to 192 level Zen Master. If you are careful, you can keep leveling up for quite some time. Here are a couple of tips.

1. If you have a solo character and are planning to max out your skills, do not train the skill at the guild after level 10. You end up paying a lot of money and even putting 6 points into each skill will take several level ups to bring the skill to level 12.

2. After you have some decent skills for fighting, train the skills towards the end of your list first. That way, when you push the skill off the edge of the screen you have already invested your training into it and you can spend more training points on other skills.

3. Do not train your Magic classes until either a) they are at the end of the screen, or b) you have trained almost everything else.

4. Do not even train level 1 in things like dagger, bow, staff, mace, axe or shield unless you have to. As you fill up other skills, these will dissappear off your screen to make room for skills that have at least some points. After you have maxed out all your other skills, train one level at the warriors guild in one of these areas. This will push the bottom most skill off the screen and make room towards the top for the skill. You can then spend several level ups training it to the max. then purchase another skill.

With careful planning, you can go up hundreds of levels without running out of skills to increase. The only reason I didn't take my Zen Master up to level 300 is because I got tired of playing him. He still had plenty of room to grow with skills. And I figure a 192 level Zen Master ought to be able to take care of most things he runs into.

Good Luck

Knarfling

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote