View Single Post
Old 10-05-2001, 10:50 PM   #71
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
There is a difference between questioning a book and being disrespectful toward religion(s). One thing alot of religions have in common, besides an after-life concept, is suffering persecution. I reject anyone who disrespects anothers personal belief's and/or religion in anyway, But The book is not the religion, the individuals are.

When you are talking about Christianity, G'kar, putting down the Bible is putting down our religion. Most Christians believe that the Bible is the inspired work of God, which it is. The Lord has put His word in this text for all to read and be saved by.

This is what some of us believe:

All scripture was inspired by God The Holy Scriptures are absolutely true because God gave the writers the very words they wrote.(verbal inspiration) The Holy Scriptures contain no errors or contradictions.Since God is the author of all scripture, it's teachings do not contradict one another.

So you see G'kar, when you put down the Bible, you are putting down my religion, and therefore, me personally, since you are putting down God.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 10-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 10-05-2001).]