View Single Post
Old 06-09-2001, 01:40 AM   #1
01gls

Interplay has been giving me the runaround and I haven't heard back from black isle, so I thought I would post this in the off chance that anyone else had experienced it or had a solution.

I just got BG2. The game installed fine, but freezes on the "loading area" screen, after character creation, every time. The loading progress indicator fills all the way up and then it just sits there, without accessing the hard drive. At that point, it is impossible to get out to Windows, Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing, and all one can do is hit the reset button. If I start it in a window, ctrl-alt-del has the little (not responding) message by bg2, and it is possible to end the task. This problem happens both when I try to start a full game and when I try to start the tutorial.

I got the patch and have tried a bunch of different option and resolution settings without any luck. Tried both full and normal installs, no difference. Made sure no other programs were running in the background, no difference. Any ideas?

Computer is a vanilla Dell, 4 years old:

Pentium 200 (minimum sys requirement, but its optimized fairly well and this doesn't seem to be a speed problem)
64mb ram
STB Nitro 3D 4mb video card
Newest Direct X drivers
I've been putting BG2 on its own partition for peak performance

-Garth