View Single Post
Old 03-28-2001, 09:41 PM   #100
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Ooooooh! I can't wait!! Everything I hear about this expansion makes me more impatient!

But seriously, would others out there like to see more infinity engine RPGs after TOB?

I know that NWN is going to push forward the boundaries of the CRPG, but I can't help worrying that I'm not going to be able to play it easily - I have dreadful hand/eye co-ordination and, for example, I can't play FPS games AT ALL - I just can't get to grips with the 3Dness of it all, and I'm worried that simply controlling my character through a 3D environment will be too difficult for me to manage. I already learned that there will be no player pause allowed in NWN, which for my slow reactions spells disaster.

Epona, I'm with you on this totally. My kids keep trying to get me to play FF8 and the like, but my reactions just aren't fast enough to succeed at the special sword skills etc. And I was NOT impressed with Ultima IX! The 3-D effects were too clunky and hard to control. I really prefer the point & click stuff, with keyboard being a choice, and not a necessity.

Maybe I sound old, but the infinity engine is a good creation and shouldn't be abandoned in my humble opinion.

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.