View Single Post
Old 03-26-2001, 06:51 PM   #93
Epona
Zartan

Ooooooh! I can't wait!! Everything I hear about this expansion makes me more impatient!

But seriously, would others out there like to see more infinity engine RPGs after TOB?

I know that NWN is going to push forward the boundaries of the CRPG, but I can't help worrying that I'm not going to be able to play it easily - I have dreadful hand/eye co-ordination and, for example, I can't play FPS games AT ALL - I just can't get to grips with the 3Dness of it all, and I'm worried that simply controlling my character through a 3D environment will be too difficult for me to manage. I already learned that there will be no player pause allowed in NWN, which for my slow reactions spells disaster.

Also there's the issue of the hardware required for fancy graphics. At the moment, my PC cannot cope with flashy graphics (I can't manage 3D spell effects in BGII) and I know that I am not alone. I can't afford to upgrade every time something new comes out. This limits the market for graphics heavy games - as an example, I am sure that Black & White is a fantastic game, but it's not going to stay as a chart-topper for more than a couple of weeks because the specs are so high that most PC owners can't run it.

I know that this just sounds like a mega-whine, but what I'm trying to say is that I am a huge fan of the Infinity Engine and would like to see another game using this engine. I do agree that the Bhaalspawn story has run its course, but I'm sure there is mileage in something along similar lines?

Does anyone have any opinions on this? It is not that I am unwilling to see change, but it's a case of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' IMHO.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.