View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 05:21 AM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

All right! Welcome to the IWD2 forum!

On multiclassing: In case you don't know how this works in 3rd ed, You can chose any class when you level up, so long as there is no class or alignment restrictions. Further, weapon profeciency is in the feats section and only goes up to specialization(3 points), so four levels of fighter is enough.

Something you should know about sorcerors and bards: they gain their spells as they level up, and only wind up with about 5 spells that they know per level. They make up for this with their increases spells per day, bu they are rather specialized. I would dump the sorceror and put in a mage.

Dont multiclass the bard! There is NO point!

I actually ran a rogue1/monk thru the entire game succesfully, but in your case with a full party I would take two levels in it. be sure to have maxed DEX! A thing about rogues: they need a high INT to get lotsa skill points to put into rogue stuff. I found that a rogue1/mage works well, especially if it's a drow (though a drow in a 6 person party isn't the best idea unless you are going for HoF mode, too)

If you like tanks, four levels of fighter on your cleric with good combat stats can make him your main tank with a cache of powerful spells to use. I would recomend Morninglord of Lathander, as they get lots of very powerful fire spells, including fire storm (2 hits, each twice as powerful as a fireball, and longer range). If you do this, be sure to get 10 points of skills in spellcraft(plus or minus your INT modifier) to get the feat Spirit of Flame, which adds 5% more fire damage and gives 5 resistance to fire.

6 people in your party is good, but I would recomend four to get the xp moving faster. If you went with a four person party, I would recomend:

aasimir fighter4/paladin
human fighter4/cleric
Drow rogue1/mage
Svirneblin monk

The paladin, cleric, and monk can all tank, and the monk serves as an awesome decoy for your cleric and mage to bombard enemies with AoE spells. I once charged my monk into the middle of an army of barbarians (Probably 30-40 enemies) and then had my cleric cast fire storm followed by flamestrike. The barbarians took 50 damage each from the first storm, then 100 total from the flamestrike and second storm. then the cleric and monk wade in to mop up the wounded survivors.

skills:

Warriors: With your Paladin, get concentration, diplomacy. With Barb, get 4 in concentration and the rest in anything.(four concentration and 2 weapons with weapon specialization gets a nice feat)

mages:spellcraft, arcane knowlege, alchemy

priests:spellcraft, concentration

Thief: all "thievey"skills except use magic item(useless!)

Feats:

Warriors: maximized attacks, power attack, profieciency, saving throw increasers

mages: spell specialization, element specialization, spell piercing

priests: fighing stuff and a bit of spell and element specialization

thieves: use the thief level to get lots of fighting or casting feats for when you MC.

Good luck!

[ 11-17-2004, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: Marty4 ]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote