Thread: Er, help!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 01:59 AM   #6
Kynaeus
Drow Warrior

My last reply was thrown when we changed servers so I'll put this back up here, I'm too tired to fill in any gaps or change too much more. It should be noted I started going back and looking at different programs because I'd rather take something social development studies or social work compared to sociology, yeah.
Thanks for all the help to everybody, and Larry I think I'm going to pass on BYUH because I've been looking at it and its a Mormon university. Not that I have something against Mormon's, I just don't really want to attend a secular university that would force me to study something I have no interest in, especially if it pertains to religion.
and a legend would help... first I wrote the school, then the potential degree (bachelor of arts / social work), POTENTIAL MAJOR and then the potential minor(s), I tried to keep it vaguely in this form so it would be easier to read.

University of British Columbia - BA SOCIOLOGY philosophypsychologyhistory / BA Social Work and Family Studies philopsychhistory
University of Northern B.C. - BSW ?? ?? / BA INTERNATIONAL STUDIES philosophy
University of Victoria (B.C.) - BSW (Honors?) ?
University of Hawaii @ Manoa - BSW SOCIAL WORK philosophy
University of Michigan - BA
University of Waterloo - BA (Honors?) SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT STUDIES philo/psych/international studies

Edit: From the way I'm looking at courses and things, the way I see it is that I have two or three paths:
1) I can get a Bachelor's of Social Work and do more person-to-person help, going out to different communities, building schools & orphanages and the like or just being a case/social worker and helping families.
2) I can get a Bachelor of Arts with international studies, political science or something else and work for the government or otherwise to help implement more widespread social change.

[ 07-28-2007, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Kynaeus ]
Kynaeus is offline   Reply With Quote