View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 08:50 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

In early 2001 I came across Ironworks after buying the first Baldur'e Gate Game just a few months before tales of the Swordcoast was released. Back then Blackisle was still alive and growing. On Blackisle's home site there was a link to the 100 best Baldur's Gate sites which actually had only 47 listed and the number one site was a site called The Ironworks.
I clicked on a few links then tried the Ironworks. At that time you didn't need to be a member to ask guestions and Ziroc had alot of imfo on walkthrews and what to do when attacked on the road to the gate.
When I first got to the Ironworks there were two spinning Hammers on the page. one in the upper left corner of the page and one on the upper right corner. At that time I was still on dial up and remember watching and waiting as the hammers loaded first and then the rest of the page would follow very slowly.
As the main page would finally finish loading the hammers would then start to spin and when that happened I would know the page had finished loading and I could find out the imformation I needed.
For those of you that have been around a few years what do remember about your first days as a member and what or who led you here?
For those of you that are new this past 12 months Welcome and what took you so long to join?

[ 09-06-2004, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]