View Single Post
Old 11-21-2001, 03:20 AM   #9
Whailor

Probably the fight difficulty depends on the level.. I was some lvl 17 with the main char and the rest were between 14 and 17 as well, so that battle was just as easy as beating up a kobold. Didn't even use any other spell then Cure Serious Wounds, since the Revianne wanted to get Jaheira really bad as it seems - she kept whacking only her and kept following her.

I usually send the main char after the most dangerous foe (or casters/healers) and rest of the party will work on the NPC's who close in to the party, or the mob which is a secondary biggest threat. Having the Boots of Speed is always handy, main char (who is human berserker) delivers some fast beating with those on, not to mention he can change the targets fast, or chase anyone down fast [img]smile.gif[/img]

But yes, that Harper bunch wasn't any challenge the last time I met them. Depends on the levels I guess. Funny is that I got Revianne and her team 2 times, but since it didn't seem to affect the game as such in any way, it doesn't then really matter [img]smile.gif[/img] And as for getting out of the fight - I told to Jaheira too that "Stand down your weapons, we do not need to shed any more blood today" or something like that, but it didn't get us out of the fight - Revianne still wanted the blood and so I showed her some of hers..

*Spoiler* named "Praise the Snares!"
------------------------------------

Went yesterday to the Windspear Hills, and got to the room where the sword and shield was. Before I picked them up, good ole Yoshi set the Fire Elemental room up, all his snares, neatly arranged around. Then moved all out, took off Party AI, closed the doors and picked the sword and a shield, which made them spawn in that room. Since they are still all blue, nothing yet happened. Hasted main char (Boots of Speed) went to door, opened it so that the Semia could see him, which triggered the talk AND them going hostile. As soon as the chat was over, main char closed the door! And then.. Kaboom! Damage flying on the screen. Kaboom! 1 death, 1 panic. Bam! Panicked is dead, 2 more panic. Blam! 1 more death. Explosion again. Then, silence. Main char opened the door, walked in, there was this little shivering elf in the corner, panicked.. Main char said to him "Boo!" and he fell over dead. What can I say - love 'em snares!