View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #59
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

Ok, so I had no idea what runaway greenhouse was, so I had to go look. After looking, I'm still not sure I know exactly what it is, but it seems pretty consistent that science doesn't think that's going on here, or, according to the article, is even able to go on here. They do speculate that that's what happened on Venus, but again, specualte is about the best they can do, as far I can tell. We surely can't have monitored what weather conditions transpired there, and frankly, I don't know if it's even relevant to this dialog.

Following links, however, I did learn that the IPCC, an organization that does none of it's own research, is considered the authority on climate change. I find that information more than a little disturbing, since they can disregard any paper, from any source, if it doesn't measure up to what they are expecting to find. I too want the truth, but I'm not convinced that a panel with an obligation to the UN's policies is really interested in the truth. They are interested in whatever will keep them getting paid, however.

Just like a vinyl siding salesman in Kansas isn't going to tell you that you're better off with siding that is actually nailed to the house, instead of left loose to allow for expansion of the material, they aren't likely to tell the UN that "Hey, you know, climate is changing pretty much like it always has." if that's what they see. Either of these examples would be out of work on that day, in favor of a salesman that will sell you the stuff with no regard for truth.

Last edited by robertthebard; 08-03-2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Grammar hates me.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote