View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
Kynaeus
Drow Warrior

Default Re: Personal Statement, Uni Applications

Tell him that ever since you were a kid, you knew what you wanted to do.
Explain to him that one dark night your parents were walking home with you after a great [Insert Sports Event], but it was pretty long past your bedtime, so your parents were cutting through some alleys to save time, as your [Hometown] is quite large.
After a ways, you all hear a noise and your father decides to pick up the pace. Suddenly, a very grubby and grimy person dressed all in black emerges from the shadows behind a dumpster; his gun is pointed in your direction. The man demands your parents turn over their wallets, jewelry, and any other valuables on their person. They reluctantly turn them over, and just as the robber turns to leave your father makes a move to stop him but the man sees him, turns, and shoots him dead. It looks like your mother is about to attack him too, so he shoots her as well as you stand by looking helpless and mortified. He smirks at you and says 'See you around, kid...!' and disappears in to the shadows once more.
Ever since that day you knew that you wanted to fight crime, but since you aren't a millionaire, the whole Batman thing didn't really work, so you've settled for the next best thing: fighting crime by prosecuting the same manner of criminals that killed your parents in order to ensure it doesn't happen to any more kids.

It's definitely interesting at least... I'm glad I don't need a portfolio or anything to get in to my social science programs =D Good luck, mate!
Kynaeus is offline   Reply With Quote