View Single Post
Old 06-21-2003, 08:15 AM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well I'm hoping a mod will make this sticky since I know alot have yet to (or don't intend to) upgrade to SOU the expansion for NWN's. This way we can gripe about bugs or post questions on the latest patch here. They have made a huge amount of modifications and added a large amount of new stuff such as various scripting commands etc. all in the wake of SOU.
You can with this patch, accomodate SOU gamers into your regular NWN's server even if you do not have the expansion yourself.

Summary of fixes new to this patch:

Added compatibility for 1.30 SoU clients connecting
Added Hobgoblin and Pit Fiend creatures to the game resources.
Added 50+ scripting commands
Added scripting database access
Stability improvements
Improvements to network performance
Cheat/hack prevention

For an in-depth and complete list of fixes in this patch visit :

http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patchdetails.html

There you will see over a hundred modifications made to the game in 1.30

Just to throw my two cents in, I for one have noticed they seriously messed up resistances . It seems now that previously allowed stacks of resistances on armor etc. are now being tagged as level 21 and over. I imagine this is a new set of rules incorporated into SOU to avoid overpowering but in PVP this is BAD news, so many are complaining about it. I had to remake all my chars equipment as most of my items I couldn't even use anymore! *Groan*.

[ 06-21-2003, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]