Thread: BEST TIPS!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 01:42 PM   #197
Sharde
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Make Backups Of All Your Saves

Go into your Wizard&Warriors directory, where ever in your computer that directory is (mine is in my games folder) and "Copy" the "Save" folder from that directory. Go into into another folder somewhere else (I use a folder in the "My Documents" area) and paste the save folder into it.

Rename the new save folder something like "Crypt 1" or "Surugeon 2" etc. If you ever need to go back 10 or 20 saves ago. you can do so by going to your new folder of saves and copying them back overtop of the save files in your W&W "Save" folder.

Again when doing this, just remember to make a backup of any current saves before going back to any old saves.

This trick is especially useful when accidently dropping items somewhere and forgeting where you last had them. (I found a dropped Dragon Shard using this trick) Also useful for when your notebook tool doesn't record conversations with certain characters. (Mine never recorded my conversation with D'Soto's Ghost, and I had to go back to an earlier save to find out was the secret word was agian.)

Hope this tip helps. I use it all the time.

Sharde
Sharde is offline   Reply With Quote