Thread: Spell Tactics
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2001, 01:47 AM   #6
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Well, Here is what I do with my mage..

I always have a contingency spell on, stone skin that takes effect if i get below 50%hp. you won't believe how much this keeps your mage alive when suddenly everyone jumps on him.
I also have 2 spell sequencers.. my minor sequencer has 2 magic missile spells on it, my greater sequencer has 3 magic missile spells on it. (all my 1st level spells). This is great for tough foes.
I use melfs acid arrow in normal fighting, i spread them out on foes. casing at one foe, then next round at another so that way the acid works. Against strong foes I whip out the sequenced magic missiles. 3 magic missiles will take out someone VERY fast, thats 15 missiles hitting. 30-75 damage for a greater sequencer. OUCH! most of the time takes out a mage easy (1 second casting)
Of course summoned monsters. When you get up to Mordainkens sword, that is an INCREDIBLE summoned weapon.
If you get 8th level spells, a spell trigger is amazing. If casts 3 spells of 6th level or below. What I do is learn 3 sunfire spells in the spell trigger. Go invisible, go into the center of a group of hard foes, then set off the trigger with my lone character. OUCH! It hurts ALOT! 15th level mage will do 15-90 damage each spell, or total of 45-270 damage if a creature fails their save, 22-185 damage if they save. Not alot gets out of this blast.