Thread: Romance Hack
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2000, 07:35 PM   #7
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Heh, since my previous post got rather long I abbreviated the incident dramatically. You all probably had it. After I cleared out the Troll Mound in the Druid forest, I rested just outside the entrance to the mound. When we awoke we were beset by bandits, one had Jaheira from behind with a knife to her throat. he tells you to give them all your possessions or he will kill her. There's a nice list of converstation responses here, ranging from, "Here, take everything, just don't hurt her", to "go ahead, I'm not giving you all my stuff". Since I was interested in developing the romance with Jaheira, I told them to "Take me as their hostage instead". The bandits response to this was funny, he says "I see we have come to the self sacrificing portion of our little scenario", and tells his archer to "Take the shot". You get hit with a nasty arrow shot, then the fight is on, but at least Jaheira gets free. After the battle Jaheira tells you "That was a very noble thing to do"... he he,, then "You FOOL, don't you ever do something like that again, I lost Khalid to a pointless death, and I couldn't bear to lose you too!" Score 2 more points for the romance quest

You can get the overide patch by going to the Interplay sites link page, and select Baldur's Gate Dungeon. That's where I got it.