Thread: Romance Hack
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2000, 11:03 PM   #4
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I have it, and have enjoyed it so far. The relationships develope slowly based on your responses to the issues that they bring to your attention. Only Jaheira and Aerie are in my party, I havent found Viconia yet. I just started chapter 3, and the romances develope very tastefully and respectably to this point at least. As was mentioned Jahiera suddenly becomes aloof after you rescue her from at the hand of bandits, then the Harper issues begin. You actually start looking forward to her questions, responses and obvious growing fondness for you, so it's a let down when she gets quiet all of a sudden. I actually started thinking that the overide patch had crashed and the game reset to some standard default, but then she returns from her short quest and is so excited to be with you again, I knew it was okay. Aerie also shuts down on you at the same time, and she still hasn't come back around, but I read that she is supposed to do this, and that it is okay.
As far as playing as a female, the only option for romance with a female main character is with the Paladin in the Copper Coronet in the slums, I can't remember his name.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I also have a game going as a Half Orc fighter. I am also in chapter 3 in this game and neither Jaheira nor Aerie has opened up any dialogue that allows a romance to develope. I assume this is not possible due to the Half Orc's penalty to charisma.