View Single Post
Old 03-06-2001, 11:19 AM   #28
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Draconia,

I do not want to start an argument....I do not know your family situation well enough to warrant that....however I have to state this:
If you look at the past 4 school shooting you will see one common factor.....all the 'shooters' had knowledge of guns taught to them by their parents and/or grandparents. It is not only the knowledge of how to operate a gun, but knowing that gun(s) are available at home that makes these kids dangerous. The kid in Portland (kip kingle?) the kids in Arkansas, and the kid in San Diego all got their guns at home and all were taught 'gun safety' by their parents....the kids at Columbine bought their guns, but were taught 'gun safety' by their parents. Just b/c you lock up your guns doesn't make them inaccessable.....if a kid has gotten to the point of wanting to shoot another kid they will not be detered by a locked gun cabinet! We have to make guns totally 100% inaccessable to children. There is no other answer. As long as kids have access to guns we will continue to see violent episodes like "portland, arkansas, columbine, and san diego"!

------------------