View Single Post
Old 05-01-2001, 11:24 AM   #44
Sir_Tainly

Hi all,

just weighing in here as I feel there's a lot of bitterness and hatred between sexes being banded around here, and I feel that its not constructive, or indeed that mature. I have reread the "offending thread" several times, and it mostly sounds like an evening down the pub. Certainly the women I know would give as good sexist jokes as they got, it's banter.

In regard to your comments Moiraine, I respect you, and consider you one of my friends, but I do work in a company where 70% of the managers are women, my boss is a woman, and her boss is too. Likewise at my last company my line manager was a woman. I have no problem with this as long as they continue to do a good job, which they do. No flame intended here just expressing my opinion.

I just feel that we all need to just ease off a little, we can all get along, even if we find people we don't like, we just have to be polite and civil, and exercie our individual rights not to associate with them. I feel really disappointed that such as minor thread, which no one has posted to for 24hrs, has caused such disruption.

All I can say again, is I find it very disappointing.

Sir Tainly

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123