View Single Post
Old 01-16-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Welcome Wanderers!

Hail! For those of you who don’t know me, I am Spree. For those of you who do, cinnamon pop-tarts. I’m here offering you a chance to play in unique RPG. Why is it unique? Well, the reason I’ve been delaying so long is because I created this world from scratch.

I call her Nomgrella, but you won’t be hearing that name so often. Instead, you’ll probably hear the name of your home-town, which varies depending on the race and class you choose. If you are a bard, you are assured a spot in Rhykatam, the busy metropolis named for Mesrhy, goddess of culture. If you are an elven ranger, prepare for one of the Dragon’s Clutch, but if you are that same elvish person under the influence of magic, home will likely be near a temple of Ciretose. Of course, there is a place in Nomgrella’s heart for the psychopaths as well, and a lovely grave in the Red Silence may suit you just fine. These are only a few examples. Over time you may journey over the span of this vast inland country, or you may die before you reach the Bulwark River (Assuming you made it past the gate of your home town.).

There are no real nit-picky rules. Just make sure not to be a power-playing, stoneskin fanatic munchkin. That ticks me off. Ask questions if you’re confused. Don't join unless you plan to be active, and other than that, just play nice out of character and we should all get along just fine!

So… You’re still here? I take it you want to join then! All right then. I’ll warn you now that I can take no more than 15 players. So type with haste! (LOL)

To join you must give me some information about your character. NOTE that your character doesn’t need to be anything like you. If in real life you are a quiet, reserved, law-abiding, petite woman then feel free to play an out-spoken, rambunctious, tall roguish man. Just make sure you stick to the role you create. That rogue should not be a shy fellow according to the description I just gave him. Know that all races, classes, kits, and spells. come from Baldur’s Gate 2. I’m creative, but I’m not THAT creative just yet. So if you were disappointed with SOA’s array of magics, don’t play a mage here. What I am adding is sub-races. (I.e. gray elves and mountain dwarves) I’ve got a list of a few of those below, but I will accept others as well. Just make sure you know the difference! A sub-race is not required by any means, but it can make things more interesting.

Sub-Races

Dwarves
  • Hill Dwarves
  • Deep Dwarves
  • Derro
  • Duergar (gray dwarves)
  • Mountain Dwarves
  • Shield Dwarves
  • Wild Dwarves
  • Gold Dwarves

Elves
  • High Elves
  • Aquatic Elves (sea elves)
  • Drow (dark elves)
  • Gray Elves
  • Wild Elves (grugach)
  • Wood Elves (sylvan elves)
  • Gold Elves
  • Moon Elves

Gnomes
  • Rock Gnomes
  • Svirfneblin (deep gnomes)
  • Forest Gnomes

Halflings
  • Lightfeet
  • Tallfellows
  • Deep Halflings
  • Hairfoot
  • Stout

Keep in mind that sub-races can be a dangerous thing. Think twice before marching your drow through the gates of Grella Castle!

Now, without further ado, here is the list of joining information:
  • Class (and kit if you have one)
  • Alignment
  • Proficiencies (favorite weapons)
  • Character’s Personality
  • Physical Description Of Character
  • Name

That is the basic information. Keep in mind if you are a ranger you’ll need to tell me your racial enemy, if you’re a cleric you’ll need to tell me a deity, and things like that. Speaking of which, each character is probably going to worship one deity or another even if they aren’t a cleric-so here is a list of gods/goddesses and what they represent, as well as their seat city/town if they have one.
  • Ciretose- God of knowledge and the arcane arts. His worshipers are generally mages.
  • Nedraw- Father of elves. He is the elven creation god and most surface-dwelling elves do worship him. Seat of Retaw.
  • Liril- Goddess of woodsfolk. Her worshippers are generally rangers and druids. Seat of Lirina.
  • Taryt- An evil god of murder, assassins, and death. His followers range from dark assassins to necromancers.
  • Tareniti- Goddess of wandering. Many people seeking changes in their lives will turn to Tereniti. Seat of Talever, but she is wide-spread and widely liked.
  • Yiralih- God of gnomes who values comedy in his teachings. Worshipped by gnomes.
  • Ecreoc- God of monsters. Followed by the evil monstrosities that can understand the concept of religion.
  • Liatramo- God of warriors and battle. Worshipped in times of need.
  • Zanimod- An evil god of greed and power. Worshipped by many of evil alignments.
  • Atsill- God of tradition. Worshipped only by dwarves.
  • Parrae- God who represents insanity. Underground and bloody sacrificial cults are erected by his followers that are not in asylums.
  • Elek- A neutral god of equality. Many people turn to him as a general god, but a fair portion of his followers are druids.
  • Mesrhy- Goddess of culture. Bards favor her. Seat of Rhykatam.
  • Myathea- Goddess of pity and sympathy for fellows. Many poorer peoples follow Myathea.
  • Veseer- God of strict discipline and zeal. Followed primarily by paladins and their kin.
  • Conlea- A goddess of home and happiness. This goddess is favored by and favors Halflings, but offers atonement to all.

Of course you character can always be an atheist… Heh heh heh… If you play a cleric I will give you more information on your chosen deity.

That’s all you’ll need to tell me, and I’ll notify you if there’re any problems. (Please, just don’t try to give me a hermaphroditic drow druid that worships Veseer. You should know better than that!) Agh, and uh, try to be a little creative with your character’s personalities and physical characteristics. You only get one character, make the best of it! We will begin probably within a few days, (maybe the 18th or 19th) it all depends on how fast ya'll get in here!

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]