View Single Post
Old 10-13-2001, 03:52 AM   #7
Blackwolf
Dungeon Master

Well, sort of.

I have had difficulty deciding on which character to play and started over numerous times with different ones. Finally realized that the obvious solution would be to create the whole party myself and ignore the NPC`s (Minsc, Jaheira, etc). That way I can select a combination of characters that interest me.

I do miss out on some "RPG experiences" (like the romances), but it`s a relief to not have to listen to Aerie`s endless whining about her wings.

My current characters haven`t had their stats modified and I try to think about the choices they would logically make if they were real. For eample, my female barbarian was the one who finally slew the shadow dragon, so it makes sense that she would get (and want to wear) the armour created from his scales. Considering the protagonist and his (or her) background, I think he would want to hold on to Sarevok`s sword that he finds in the starter dungeon, but he (and all the other characters) must also be practical.

They are in a very dangerous situation and must do what it takes to survive and succeed, so I don`t shy away from optimizing them, seeking out magical items, etc.