View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 06:00 PM   #18
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
LOL

Good test and very funny. The only problem is that the answer to number 5 is not ONE degree but THIRTY degrees (unless your watch isn't working properly). The hour hand (that's the little one for those of you who failed question 1 ... hehehe) sweeps a full circle - 360 degrees - in 12 hours, or 30 degrees in one hour. For those of you with wall clocks with all 24 hours shown on them, the correct answer is 15 degrees. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now I can go back on my medication. LOL
you clearly didnt read the question

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
5. If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60 of a degree every minute how many degrees will the hour hand move in one hour?

Answer: One degree. If you said, "360 degrees" or anything other than "one degree," you are to be congratulated on getting this far, but you are obviously out of your league. Turn in your pencil, and exit the room. Everyone else proceed to the final question.
the assumption is that the clock is not a normal clock, and that the hand only moves 1/60 of a degree a minute. therefore in an hour 1/60 * 60 = 1 degree. it was a trick question, like the others. :-/