View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 08:32 AM   #8
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hunger you are wrong as Magik said. XP is much more stable than 98 and handles resources i.e. RAM much better. It also has many good features such as better security, remote computing features, IPv6 built in etc.
However, I would recommend windows 2000 over XP because of many reasons I have listed before, including the fact that XP is just 2000 with a few extra features and a lot of ANNOYING extra features like product activation, "user-friendly" (read: annoying) new menu systems, and a built in firewall that lets XP connect to MS's servers with around 17 different applications without telling you. XP can't operate properly without access to MS's servers and this is bad. Did I mention that the built in Media player sends details of all DVDs you watch to MS? Of course you can use a 3rd party firewall but why should you have to disable features of an OS to get it how you want? 2000 is a much better choice, it also takes up less disk space and has just as good resource management and stability and nearly all the good features of XP.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray