View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 02:33 PM   #13
WillowIX
Apophis

Phew! *wipes forehead* You had me worried there when you said you couldn't download the codec. Strange site that really. It looks respectable but it says that Indeo 5 is incorporated for free, when Indeo 5 isn't freeware at all. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

The ir41_32.ax file is the codec file for Indeo 4. Sometimes you have the necessary file but it isn't registered, which you then have to do manually.

Then one thing I thought you could change was the video entry. You could've set it to C:\Windows or anything at all. I'm guessing that should have bypassed the intro.

And quicktime didn't work? Strange. Those apple codecs should be able to replace the Indeo version.

OK but it DID work out! YAY! [img]smile.gif[/img] Enjoy the game! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Oh and Macoati, the intro aren't avi files. They're bik files. A very frustrating video format since you can't do anything with it. The PDF format of video files. Of course nowadays there are stand alone players for this format as well. [img]smile.gif[/img] Now I'm off to see if I can tweak Virtualdub to toy with the bik files. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh and the no files in the zip file could be due to a cluster error. Run a checkdisk of the drive just to make sure. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-16-2003, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote