View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #9
Albromor
Mephistopheles

It is called El Nino and when that happens in the Pacific Ocean the Northeast has mild temperatures and rain.

Don't worry, Mem, you'll get snow sometime. besides, December isn't really known for snow per se. Also, and this may sadden you further, since Boston is right next to the ocean the temperatures can often be high enough that the moisture remains rain while just a few miles inland, say 20 miles +, it is all snow.

It is January, February, and March when the storms come and some of the biggest are in March.

And as Cloudy says, Nor'easters will come and when the conditions are right get ready for some serious snow and wind. I have experienced more than I care to count. If one does come and they call for snow do the following:

1. Get to the grocery store and stock up -- BIG TIME.

2. Rent some DVDs; get that PC game you've always wanted to try but never could find the time.

* I was there in '79 when Boston was literally - and I am not making this up - shut down for THREE WHOLE DAYS. Nothing was moving except the national gurd. And then the Victorian A strain flu hit at the same time... Ugh!
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote