View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 04:50 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Looking For Help: D&D Character Builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_OHF View Post
Here are the Character Sheets so far (1 of 3)

Name: Winter (100+yrs old)
Elven Archer
Chaotic Good

Str: 11
Dex: 15 (+2 ability mod)
Con: 11 (supposed to give racial mod of -2, but hoping as a 1st campaign for a kid, I could drop it for now)
Int: 10 (+2 ability mod)
Wis: 11
Cha: 10

HP: 16
AC: ? (=10+?+?+?...)

Skills:
Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (geo), Knowledge (nat), Listen (+2 racial), Move Silent, Profession, Ride, Search (+2 racial), Spellcraft, Spot (+2 racial), Swim, Acrobatics

Racial Bonuses:
Immunity to Sleep
+2 Save vs. Enchantments
+2 Perception Checks

GP: 200

Armor: Traveler's Outfit (weight=5)
Weapon: Frost Bow (short) (1d6, +1d6 Cold) (sorry,,,13 yr old really wanted to shoot ice arrows)
+50 normal arrows (books say this is basic starter count).

Bio:
True to her name, Winter prefers attacking with ranged ice/cold weapons. She is no fan of blades. She is particularly smart and skillfully sneaky.
Are the stats done via rolls? If swapping around is allowed, I'd do some swapping:

Str: 11 Drop one point from here, and add it to Dex.
Dex: 15 (+2 ability mod) Want to pump this as high as possible for To Hit rolls
Con: 11 (supposed to give racial mod of -2, but hoping as a 1st campaign for a kid, I could drop it for now) your house, your rules, drop one from here and add to Int to fit the bio.
Int: 10 (+2 ability mod)
Wis: 11 Drop one from here, add to Int to fit bio
Cha: 10

Stat bonuses are added on even numbers. The Bio says they're smart, but the Int score doesn't reflect that. Barring that, being elven, I'd have put the odd points from Con and Wis into Dex for accuracy with bows, Int to fit the bio, however. I'm not much good at the other two, but I can build an archer. Level up stats should go into Dex.

Note: It may be that from 15 to 16 requires 2 points to make, I'm a bit fuzzy there. If so, leave the Wis alone, and take the point from Con to add with the other for Dex.

Feat selection as leveling should focus on Ranged, bows specifically, if available.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote