View Single Post
Old 04-07-2001, 04:16 PM   #25
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hello Draconia. Hope you are feeling even better this weekend. Your roses sound wonderful. The changing colors does sound odd, but I personally would like that. Get a surprise every year! I've seen some rose bushes that actually have multicolored flowers all in the same bush. Not a rose expert here, so can't add much more re roses. This new house seems to have some kind of rose bush in the back yard (has thorns anyway), so I guess I'll have to wait and see what comes up! I just got back from outside weeding this azalea garden on the side of the house. Had to yank out and move the Dusty Millers as I really don't think they match too well with azaleas, not to mention they were planted in the front where they should have been put as a background since they get so large and never really die out.

As I have only lived in houses for the past 3 1/2 years, I haven't had much experience gardening, but I did plant quite a few things at the old house that I will probably repeat here at the new house. I cannot remember a lot of the names anymore as last year I didn't plant anything (too depressing knowing I was just going to move away and leave them behind).

Anyway, I particularly love Lantanas. Another one with multicolored flowers. Gorgeous! I also like poppies and dahlias. Verbena and marigolds are also nice to have (a lot of people don't like the smell of marigolds but for some reason I do)! I tried planting a couple of Lupines, but they kept drooping on me so I probably won't try that one again. Echinacea is also a nice purple daisy-like flower that looks good in the background. Also like Celosias, but they don't seem to do very well for me.

What I want to get first for this new house is a multi-colored butterfly bush. I've seen them in gardening magazines so will probably have to order one as I haven't seen them in any nurseries around here. Also an azeala called an "on-and-on" (supposed to bloom 3 times a year)!

------------------