View Single Post
Old 11-30-2001, 09:12 AM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

spoilers below..
I'm sure many of you know about the experience exploit w/the Tanner. When you enter his building and expose him, you receive around 23,000 experience points. BUT if you surround him on all sides with your party, you can pause the game just after talking to him (and getting the exp) and then talk to him again to receive the 23,000 all over again.

SO... I'm in my 2nd run through SoA. Thanks to the preaching of Legolas I'm using an Elven Archer w/19 dexterity (and thoroughly enjoying it, BTW). Minsc, Anomen, Jaheira, Aerie and Nalia currently round out my party.

I put my Archer between the Tanner and the stairs, and put the rest of my party around the Tanner. I figured I'd be able to talk to him about 5 or 6 times before he was able to get away. So I start counting and get to 10, and figure I'll see how many I can do, just for kicks. At 20 I start laughing. At 30 I'm in disbelief. 40, 50, 60... 70... At THIS point I stop pausing the game, and just let it run. I mean, 70 times? 75, 80... 85... 90!!! 96 times was the final count!

I'm not making this up. I couldn't believe it. I'm guessing that (1) my archer's 19 dexterity gave him such an advantage in terms of reaction time, and (2) I had Anomen and Minsc (the 2 strongest characters) right next to my archer, and the Tanner kept trying to push his way past them to no avail.

Do the math: 96 x 23,000+, then divided by 6 = approximately 375,000 experience points per character. Yes its cheezy, I didnt plan to just give each character over a third of a million exp. But I'm still laughing about it now.

Anyone else beat this or come close?