View Single Post
Old 01-11-2002, 02:28 AM   #22
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by SookmaCook:
IM not so sure about it being a telstra problem somehow... I did forget to mention that we have 2 computers which are networked... the one with all the modem drivers and ADSL stuff on it has WinXP... but my problem did start later then urs.
Can u give me the IP for www.ironworksforum.com so i can make sure it IS the same problem ??

BTW- concerning my experiment, I am downloading netscape as I type- different computer ofcourse. Ill let u know the results of this experiment when ive done it... give me about 10 minutes (ive got 2 internet connections running on the same phone line... slows things down alot) .

IP is "24.26.79.51" . In DOS, type ping and the IP. if you CAN ping it, it is a DNS issue with your ISP. DNS is what resolves IP numbers into Dynamic Name Servers (DNS).

Try this: in your browser, enter http://24.26.79.51/index.shtml - if the forum front page comes up, it's DNS... You can't go anywhere from that frontpage though, because the forum is CGI and requires actual full URL calls..

Call the ISP and tell them you can ping us, but the name server is not coming up. they need to reissue a DNS update (Forced).. If they give you bullshit saying 'it must be on your end', drop them and go with a better ISP.

Let me know guys!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album