View Single Post
Old 02-12-2002, 04:49 PM   #17
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

This article sounds like every whiney looser who ever complained that they didnt get ahead because the "Boss" had it in for them...that they are way better than the competition...when in fact what is really happening is that the complainer just isn't good enough at playing the game to succeed...Raw talent, Pure strength, Better technical ability...these things can never comapre to the sheer RAW POWER of OFFICE POLITICS!

Hmmmmm.... 'Bad losers' does spring to mind. I wonder what the headlines would be if the situation had been reversed, something like; 'Canadians clinch gold from Russians with wonderful display of skating' (no plans to be a journalist )

From what I saw the Russians should have been ahead after the short program, but overall I feel the Canadian pair should have taken the gold. However, I know very little about figure skating, (I can just about tell the difference between and toe loop and an axel), and I suspect a lot of people know little more (I'm not targetting anyone here btw). What people will remember are the jumps and throws, none of the not-so-crowd-pleasing moves, which might just be where the Russians won it.

Anyway, what is it about figure skating? There was Nancy Kerrigan and Tanya Harding last time, and now this.
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?