View Single Post
Old 05-07-2002, 10:07 PM   #2
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

He wore a weary frown on his lips, walking around the tent absently ~ May the Gods be merciful and grant Cyrus his life... ~ Then stopped in his tracks, half-smirking at the ludicrous thought ~ He'd never go down without a fight. I'd almost bet my life he's up and about, probably ready to charge here right away. ~ The rustle of the flaps jolted him back to attention and he turned to face a young lady.

A lock of her auburn hair fluttered defiantly despite the neatly pinned bun ~ "Aragorn, we've received the latest news…" ~ The words dying in her lips as she chanced upon his expression ~ "Is there something to laugh at?" ~ Her glittering green eyes hazarding a ray of affection in his direction ~ "I swear, any joke would be welcome in such trying times."

"No, Ursula. Unfortunately there is no jest… you had something to say to me?" ~ His penetrating gaze fixed upon her perfectly oval face ~ As always, my trustworthy companion… she is certainly an asset to her father.

"… the news is that Cyrus was seriously injured while we diverted our enemies' focus." ~ Unable to suppress the tinge of contempt in her voice ~ "These elves… or half-elves, whatever! They can't do anything right, can they?" ~ Flushing at Aragorn's disapproving look ~ "I mean, well, we've suffered enough casualties here! It can't have been for nothing, can it?!" ~ Oh please, redeem me in his eyes. Anything but that disagreeable stare… it hurts more than words of rebuke from him.

"Ursula, I need you to understand this: Cyrus is a good friend of mine, and will always be. I will not stand for you to insult his race, much as I respect your views on other issues." ~ His voice quiet but firm. Moments pass before he exhales deeply ~ "Come, let us forget this frivolous matter. There are far more important matters that await us." ~ He grasped the hilt of his long sword and strode out of the tent energetically, determined to ignore the pained expression on Ursula's face.
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote