View Single Post
Old 10-19-2001, 09:08 AM   #17
StarVid
Elminster

This is actually a pretty specific hint, but for people who want to do this it'll help.

I play a lot (almost always) of cleric/mages. They all had the basic Str9-11, Dex 18, Con16, Int18, Wis 18, Cha10. What's this? A pretty kick-ass cleric/mage, right? Nope. I just started a cleric in BG1 that I plan to take into BG2 and dual over to a mage and I found a better way to distribute the stats:

Str 14
Dex 16-17
Con 14
Int 18
Wis 13 (15 if starting in BG2, this char is in BG1 so I can tome him to 15)
Cha 12

Notice that the point totals on this is 87 (88 if you go for the 17 Dex), so it's pretty easy to roll up. I usually have this within 5 rerolls. Now you're thinking, well, what kind of cleric am I going to be with a Wisdom of 13. Considering that you're dualing over to a mage, it doesn't really matter. The bonus spells are really not necessary, expecially considering you're playing a mage. By putting more points into Str, Dex, Con, if things ever become hairy, you can use a holy power (and/or draw upon holy might)/boon of lathander to up your Str to 18/00, get an extra attack per round, the THAC0 of a 9th or 12th level fighter, an extra 9 (or 12, depending on when you dualed) hps. you can then throw in a draw upon holy might for extra kick. Granted, you don't expect your spellcaster to be in melee, but personally, I think this is a more well-rounded and better cleric/mage than the first one I listed.

I dunno, hope it helps.